Sunday, October 01, 2006


I have posted information about this blog on www.hornepayne.com. There have been many comments on Gene's guestbook about different photos and the like. Gene has built the website as a means for public communication, but it is also a place of business and as such, it is not intended to be a site to "request" certain photos.

That being said, I plan to post a range of photos on this site, primarily of the Hornepayne area. If, someone is interested in something particular, feel free to post a message, or send an email and I will consider taking some shots to suit the purpose. As an example, many people who follow the conversation on hornepayne.com are former Hornepayners who would like to see certain areas of town again, but do not have access to them. While I do not have a lot of time to devote to such adventures, I may well be convinced to do so, depending on the nature and complexity of the requests. Regardless, I will continue to post some of my own photos for people to see.

Also, as it stands now, I do not sell photos as a business, however I do occasionally get requests for prints. At this point, I will occasionally print a photo and provide it to someone at a cost that only goes slightly above my own costs. If there is sufficient interest, I would offer more prints for sale, but at this point, that is not a priority for me with my photos. The only courtesy I ask, is that you do not download and print these shots, as they are copyrighted. If you really see a print you like, drop me a note and we can work something out.

I love taking photos of airplanes, and being on 2nd government lake gives me plenty of opportunity to do so. Forde Lake Air (www.fordelakeair.com) is right next door, Kayvee Lodge (www.kayveelodge.com) is a few doors down, and Horne Air (www.oliviersflyin.com) is at the other end of the lake. There are also several private planes on the lake. Hopefully, all the affected pilots are not too angered by the sight of me tracking them with my zoom lens, but so far no one has really complained. The accompanying shot is a typical early morning, mid-July photo. The plane is taking off, loaded to the gills, as the mist rises from the lake. Can't beat it.

Feel free to leave messages on the site, and to comment on the photos, good and b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home